Harvard University Group Health Plan (HUGHP) is a health insurance plan created exclusively for the Harvard community. You have access to high quality primary and specialty care in convenient locations across campus and close to home, as well as a vast network of world-class health and wellness providers across Massachusetts.
Convenience & Access
You can receive care at a number of convenient locations throughout Massachusetts. Our relationship with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts provides you with access to world-class hospitals, including Boston Children’s Hospital, the Dana-Farber Cancer institute, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Only Harvard University Group Health Plan members have the unique option of receiving care at Harvard University Health Services—a state-of-the-art multi-specialty practice with locations across the Harvard campuses.
Harvard University Group Health Plan recognizes that wellness is more than not being sick. Wellness is a lifestyle that balances both the mind and body with the goal of an optimal quality of life.
- Lower health plan premiums
- Up to a 50% discount for health and wellness programs at Harvard’s Center for Wellness
- Access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts discounts through Blue365
- $150 toward fitness memberships for your or your family at qualified health clubs
- $150 for qualified weight loss programs for you or your family
By enrolling in the Harvard University Group Health Plan, you benefit from:
- Lower premiums
- A choice of plans (HMO, POS, and POS Plus) to meet your family's needs
- Discounts on services at Harvard's Center for Wellness
- Reimbursements for fitness memberships, weight loss programs, and childbirth classes
- Answers from real people when you need them