All changes are effective as of January 1, 2019
- Starting January 1, 2019, Local 26 Union Members will have the same plan benefit design as the HUCTW, HUPA, HUSPMGU, ATC, and Custodians Unions.
- The prescription drug carrier, OptumRx, is transitioning to Express Scripts. In mid-December, all HUGHP members will receive a Welcome Kit from Express Scripts. It will contain a new pharmacy card, which should be used to fill prescriptions on or after January 1, 2019.
Express Scripts will reach out to you in November if your prescription:
- Will be changing to a higher cost tier in the formulary
- Is not on the formulary
- Is filled through a special pharmacy
You can contact Express Scripts Customer Service at 877-787-8684 with any questions or visit them online at express-scripts.com/HarvardUniversity, where you may also access the Express Scripts formulary.
- Hearing Aids: Age and dollar limit removed from all union and non-union plans.
- Weight Loss Benefit: in addition to hospital-based programs and in-person Weight Watchers, BCBSMA has expanded the qualifications of programs to include certain non-hospital, in-person, and online weight-loss programs. Learn more.
- SmartShopper: Effective January 1, 2019, Harvard University employees can participate in the SmartShopper program. This feature allows members to compare costs for certain medical services and receive a financial incentive of up to $250 for using a preferred provider. For more information, please contact the Benefits Office at 617-496-4001.