As a Harvard University Group Health Plan member, you have coverage for vision care. The amount you pay will depend on your plan and where you access services. Review your Benefit Description for more details.
- One routine vision exam (for eyeglasses) per calendar year, no referral needed
- Contact lens evaluations, fitting, and follow up care is not covered
- Eye care for disease or trauma is covered as a non-routine office visit (HMO plan requires a referral)
To find an optometrist or ophthalmologist in your network, visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts website. You can search for a specialist by name, specialty, or location.
- HMO plan - a referral is required for non-routine vision exam
- POS and POS Plus plans* - for in-network benefit, a referral from a HUGHP PCP is required
Harvard University Group Health Plan's partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts allows members to take advantage of a variety of discounts, including:
- Discounted contact lenses
- Discounted eye wear
- Laser vision correction procedures
Elective EyeMed Vision Plan
Members who elect to participate in the University’s EyeMed Vision Plan can find participating providers and view plan details by visiting the EyeMed website. Harvard University Group Health Plan vision care benefits do not apply when you opt to use your EyeMed Vision Plan benefit.