Fitness reimbursement benefit
You and/or your family can save up to $150 (per individual/family plan) per calendar year in health club membership fees. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts must receive your fitness benefit application by March 31 of the following year for processing.
- Subscriptions for online cardiovascular related fitness classes
- Certain cardiovascular exercise equipment (new or used) to be used at home. This equipment is limited to treadmills, stationary bikes, stepping machines and revolving stairs, rowing machines, and elliptical machines.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3...
1. Join a qualifying fitness program
2. Complete the fitness reimbursement form
3. Return form to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts by March 31 of the following year
Learn more about which health and fitness clubs qualify and apply for your fitness benefit. Forms can be mailed to the address listed on the form or faxed to 617-246-9480.
Weight loss reimbursement benefit
With the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts weight loss reimbursement benefit, you or your family can receive up to $150 toward fees paid for a qualified weight-loss program.
Qualified for Weight-Loss Reimbursement:
Participation fees for:
- Hospital-based programs and Weight Watchers® in-person.
- Starting in 2019—Weight Watchers online and other non-hospital programs (in-person or online) that combine healthy eating, exercise, and coaching sessions with certified health professionals such as nutritionists, registered dietitians, or exercise physiologists.
Not Qualified for Weight-Loss Reimbursement
- One-time initiation or termination fees.
- Food, supplements, books, scales, or exercise equipment.
- Individual nutrition counseling sessions, doctor/nurse visits, lab tests, or other services that are covered benefits under your medical plan.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts must receive your weight loss benefit application by March 31 of the following year for processing.